You can change this setting at any time by clicking here.
- What information we collect about you
- Why your information is processed and how it will be used
- Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
- Your Choices
- Special circumstances where we may disclose your information
- Accountability for onward transfer of personal data
- How we protect your information
- Hyperlinks and other websites
- What do we do with your information when you terminate your relationship with us?
- Your rights
- Questions or feedback
What information we collect about you
The information we collect on our Site generally falls into the following two categories: "personal information" and "non-personally identifiable information." Personal information refers to information that lets us know the specifics of who you are (for example, your name, job title, company, physical mailing address, e-mail address, telephone and fax numbers and, if applicable, financial information such as your credit card information). Non-personally identifiable information refers to information that does not by itself identify a specific individual. If we do combine non-personally identifiable information with personal information, the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
In general, we collect your personal information when you voluntarily provide it to us, such as when you register with us or place an order for products or services. We also collect information when you voluntarily complete customer surveys, provide feedback and participate in competitions. In addition, our Site may use "cookies" to gather non-personally identifiable information.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behavior information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org. You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our Site features may not function as a result.
Why your information is processed and how it will be used
Personal information you provide to us is used to process your order, manage your account, deliver the services you request (including communicating with you about your Vuzix products, services and subscriptions to our publications or software), and to respond to your inquiries and contact you about the Site and/or our services based on your consent and may be used in a number of ways, for example:
- subscriptions to Vuzix publications, including emails notices, e-newsletters; and
- to access certain features or functions of our Site.
In processing your order, we may send your details to our third-party product fulfillment agents, and use financial information you submit or information from credit reference agencies and fraud prevention agencies to verify your credit and collect payments for your purchases, orders, and registrations.
We would like to send you information about products and services of ours which may be of interest to you. If you have consented to receive marketing, you may opt out at a later date. You have a right at any time to stop us from contacting you for marketing purposes.
If you no longer wish to be contacted for marketing purposes, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Data Integrity and Purpose Limitation
Vuzix takes reasonable steps to ensure that the personal data that it processes is: (i) relevant for the purposes for which it is to be used, (ii) reliable for its intended use, and (iii) accurate, complete and current.
Vuzix offers you the opportunity to choose or opt out of disclosure of your personal data to certain third parties or use your personal data for a purpose that is incompatible with the purpose for which the information was originally collected or subsequently authorized by you. You may contact Vuzix as indicated below regarding the company's use or disclosure of your personal data.
- to its subsidiary companies as necessary to perform services on its behalf;
- to service providers, affiliates, agents and/or business partners Vuzix has retained to perform services on its behalf;
- when Vuzix believes disclosure is necessary to prevent physical harm or financial loss, or in connection with an investigation of suspected or actual illegal activity; or
Special circumstances where we may disclose your information
Other than as set forth above, we may use and/or disclose your information, including your Personally Identifiable Information, in the following circumstances:
- Although unlikely, your personal information may be disclosed to the governments, courts, law enforcement or regulatory agencies under a lawful order in a jurisdiction where you are located and/or where your personal information is stored and/or processed. You cannot opt out of disclosure of your personal information if required by lawful order.
- To allow our official third-party resellers and services providers to support your products.
Accountability for onward transfer of personal data
How we protect your information
We use reasonable technological and physical safeguards to protect your personal information from loss, misuse and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration and destruction. We follow generally accepted industry standards to protect the information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it.
Hyperlinks and other websites
What do we do with your information when you terminate your relationship with us?
In general, we will only retain your information for the time necessary to realize our legitimate business purposes and to comply with the law. However, we may continue to store anonymous or anonymized information, such as website visits, without identifiers, in order to improve our services.
You have the right to:
- Withdraw your consent to the processing of your personal information at any time without penalty;
- Access your personal information and have it corrected, amended or deleted;
- Receive a copy of your personal data and transit such to others;
- At any time, to object to our processing of your personal information which we will comply with unless we demonstrate a compelling legitimate ground for processing such that overrides your rights; and
- If you believe your personal information is inaccurate, unlawful, no longer necessary for our business purposes, or if you object to our processing of your personal information, you also have the right to instruct us to restrict the processing of your data pending our investigation and/or verification of your claim.
If you wish to raise a complaint and initiate and investigation on how we have handled your personal data, or request a copy of your personal information, please email us at email@example.com. We may make a small charge for this service.
Questions or feedback
25 Hendrix Road, Suite A
West Henrietta, New York 14586 USA