Vuzix View: Mirror and Control Your Vuzix Device’s Screen from Your Computer
Lightweight Comfort meets game changing optics
Welcome to the next step in augmented reality (AR) technology.
The Vuzix M4000 is an all-in-one enterprise AR solution that combines a revolutionary mix of optics, processing performance, and lightweight ergonomics.
When it comes to the Vuzix M4000 vs the M400, a key difference is the ultra-bright, see-through waveguide optics on the M4000 smart glasses.
M4000 Smart Glasses: At A Glance
- Advanced see-through waveguide display
- Expansive 28° field of view: Picture a giant TV floating right in front of you, yet still giving you total visibility of your environment
- Increased processing power with 8 Core 2.52Ghz Qualcomm XR1
M4000 LONGEVITY SERIES
- Lighter than a deck of cards (3.5 oz)
- Ergonomically designed for all-day comfort
- Has a ruggedized, IP67 rated hot-swappable battery for use in harsh environments
M4000 EXTENDED SERIES
- All the power of the Longevity Series, plus more
- Hours more run time than the Longevity Series
- More powerful, ruggedized 3,350 mAh hot-swappable battery (non IP67 rated)
- See-through waveguide optics
- Display resolution: WVGA color display 854x480
- Display type: DLP
- Aspect ratio: 16:9
- Field of view (diagonal): 28°, equivalent to a 9” mobile device screen seen at 18”
- Brightness: 5000 nits
- Contrast: > see through 1000:1
- 24-bit color
- Supports left or right eye use
- 8 Core 2.52Ghz Qualcomm XR1
- 6GB LPDDR4 System RAM
- 64GB internal flash memory
- Android 9.0 OS
- OS and apps OTA upgradeable
- MDM available from multiple partners
- IP67 Rated (Longevity Series)
- Drop safe to 1 meter
- IEC60601-1-2:2014 Medical Device
- Vuzix M-Series Rail Eyeglass frames without lens (standard)
- Viewer weighs less than 3.5 oz
- Eyeglass frames with lens
- Safety glasses
- Hard hat mount
- Headband (Standard)
- Peltor headphone mount
- 135 mAh internal battery supports hot swapping of external batteries
- 750 mAh IP67 certified USB-C battery with 3-level LED indicator (Longevity Series) or an extended life 3,350 mAh USB-C power bank (Extended Series)
- Can be powered by 3rd-party USB battery packs in place of head-worn battery
- 2–12 hours of operation based on external battery choice
- 3 control buttons
- Voice control is customizable and supports multiple languages
- 2 axis touchpad with multi-finger support
- Integrated speaker (up to 97db output)
- Triple noise-cancelling microphones
- BT audio: HSP/A2DP
- Up to 12.8-megapixel stills
- Up to 4k30fps video
- Improved auto-focus (PDAF)
- Improved optical image stabilization
- LED flash/scene illumination
- Barcode scanning
- USB 3.1 Gen 2 on USB Type-C
- Wi-Fi 2.4/5Ghz 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac
- Bluetooth 5.0 BR/EDR/LE
- 3-degree of freedom head tracking
- 3 axis gyro
- 3 axis accelerometer
- 3 axis mag/integrated compass
- GPS / GLONASS
- Mandarin Chinese
- Operating temperature -20ºC to 45ºC/-4ºF to 113ºF
- Operating humidity 0-95% RH
- Storage temperature 10-45ºC
- Storage humidity 0-95% RH
M4000 STARTER KIT
Get the longest, most comfortable fit
The M4000 Starter Kit adds all of our most popular M-series head-mount accessories and an extended-use power bank to give you extra comfort and durability. Flexible mounting options make it compatible with almost any hat, helmet, face shield, or glasses.
- Helmet mounts
- Hat mount with Vuzix hat
- Extended life 3,350 mAh USB-C power bank
- Safety glasses (medium)
Vuzix Waveguides Define the AR Market
Vuzix waveguides are ultrathin, full color and transparent - and they're available for integration with your technology. Learn more about our OEM solutions.
VUZIX M4000 SMART GLASSES USE CASES
These days, remote support is more vital than ever to keep field technicians safely connected to experts around the globe.
Instantly connect your workforce to the support they need with Vuzix M4000 for Remote Assist.
Connect your distributed workforce with the right expert, wherever they are, with no travel costs.
Vuzix M4000 smart glasses let you work fast with fewer distractions.
With our heads-up AR waveguide optics, you won’t be weighed down by tablets or clipboards. Voice control lets you access instructions, diagrams, and videos via see-through displays; document steps and detect issues; and livestream remote support — all hands-free.
Plus, the Vuzix M4000 battery life is second to none, so you can save time on swapping out and recharging batteries.
Not only does the M4000 support HIPAA-compliant usage, the Longevity Series is IP67 rated and can be sanitized with conventional sterilization such as alcohol wipes.
Voice activation gives you a hands-free interface, letting you provide direct care to your patients when they need it most.
Best of all, the battery ensures that they’ll last when you need them most: Our smart glasses are currently worn by medical professionals during surgeries for 16+ hours straight.
Tutorial #1: Introduction to M4000
Tutorial #2: Vuzix M4000 Unboxing
Tutorial #3: Eye Dominance and Setup
GET THE VUZIX MOBILE APP
Our companion app for Android and iOS enables easy setup and communication between your smartphone and M4000.
Manage your Vuzix smart glasses right from your smartphone: Easily configure settings, manage notifications, remotely control apps, and more.
Google Play and the Google Play logo are trademarks of Google LLC. Apple and the Apple logo are trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries and regions. App Store is a service mark of Apple Inc.
SEE VUZIX m4000 SMART GLASSES IN ACTION
Learn how easy it is to integrate Vuzix M4000 smart glasses into your workflows so that you can improve quality, streamline production, and reduce costs.
Our smart glasses are the most comfortable on the market — but don’t just take our word for it! Try them on and see for yourself.