Smart glasses, smarter grocery shopping
That first time shopping in the COVID-19 era was jarring. For everyone, what used to be a simple task has become an otherworldly experience. Much like how we’ve gotten used to this new normal, grocery shopping with smart glasses could soon become regular.
For society’s most vulnerable, leaving the house isn’t an option. Technology has stepped up to the plate, filling the gap left by face-to-face meetings.
Family members and friends have become heroes, shopping for those who can’t leave the house. Smart glasses could make grocery shopping for someone else much easier.
Today, Vuzix Smart Glasses allow users to stream their POV to those at home.
Tomorrow, they’ll serve as an in-store guide. Credit: Yahoo Finance
- Hands-free navigation: Never get sidetracked again. Using your shopping list as a guide, glasses could interact with a supermarket’s software to locate products. It’s like Google Maps with a buggy.
- Nutrition expertise: After focusing on a certain product, nutrition info could appear. Broadcast in a non-intrusive way, there’d be no need to scan tiny text on the side of packaging.
- On-the-fly reviews: Like shopping online, gain immediate access to your fellow shoppers’ thoughts.
- Fever detection: In times of quarantine, glasses could notify you of shoppers with high temperatures. Vuzix Smart Glasses will soon feature this technology. Additionally, lenses could scan surfaces for contaminants.
- 6-feet, guaranteed: Smart glasses could alert you when fellow shoppers step inside your bubble.
COVID-19 has changed the way we shop...forever
Adoption accelerated by COVID-19
In order to protect society’s most vulnerable, the world has adapted. Technology is leaned on to help connect us from safe distances.
Moments like these foster innovation. Smart glasses are a perfect example, offering hands-free access to the digital world.
With Vuzix Smart Glasses, grocery shopping for grandma is a breeze.