The world's first advanced binocular waveguide built for industrial use
Vuzix Shield® is a revolutionary leap for enterprise AR smart glasses. Lightweight, stylish, prescription ready safety glasses and powerful 8-core CPU combine to deliver a singular wearable experience. Connect to the metaverse accessing IT sensors, instructions, or live remote guidance, leaving your hands free. Scan codes with an advanced reader or wirelessly stream video from the field all enabled through voice or touch. With the world’s first miniature uLED stereo displays, Vuzix Shield connects smart workforces with AR systems for optimized performance, safety and operational efficiency.
Vuzix Shield's ultra-slim, binocular waveguides are powered by a pair of tiny, highly efficient micro-LED projectors. At 1 micron in size, the micro-LED’s have one of the highest density pixel arrays available, generating crisp video with contextual information. Get hands-free access to all the on the job support you need.
Immersive Sound & voice control
With acoustic chambers fully integrated into the frames, Vuzix Shield delivers crystal clear stereo. Positioned over the ears for privacy, you'll stay aware of ambient sound while still enjoying immersive sound. Multiple noise-cancelling microphones allow for flawless calls and voice/UI integration.
State of the art Eye protection
Brilliantly bright dual waveguides work in concert with a revolutionary optical system. Stay aware and in control with a non-occluded display. Self-contained dual temple batteries will keep you powered for hours.
Enhancing hands-free operation, the on-board processor wirelessly communicates with your phone via built in Bluetooth. Use your voice or tap on the touch-sensitive arm to activate or hide the display, allowing discrete connectivity to the digital world.
Learn more about Vuzix Shield
Vuzix Shield® is a revolutionary leap for enterprise AR smart glasses. Lightweight, stylish, prescription ready safety glasses and powerful 8-core CPU combine to deliver a singular wearable experience.
VIEW VUZIX SHIELD® Technical Specifications
- See through Waveguide optics
- Displays: microLED monochrome green
- High brightness, high output
- 8 core CPU running Android 11
Batteries in Each Temple
- Voice control - supports multiple languages and accessible to 3rd party integrators via SDK
- Capacitive touchpad on side of glasses that will support left/right/up/down swipes and one- or two-finger taps. The touchpad will be usable with gloves on.
- Integrated stereo speakers
- Digital noise-cancelling microphones
- Speakers are used for music playback, notifications, instructions, and phone calls
- Bluetooth audio functionality
- Stereo 13-megapixel cameras with auto-focus
- Up to 4k 30fps video
- Integrated privacy LED
- Advanced optical reader includes barcode scanner
- USB 3.1 Gen2 on USB Type-C
- Wi-Fi 802.11/b/g/n/ac 2.4/5GHz
- Bluetooth 5.0 BR/EDR/LE
- Companion application for Android and iOS devices to come
- Support notifications with Android and iOS devices including text messages, email, and phone calls to come
- ANSI Z87.1 safety certification (Shield smart glasses and prescription lens inserts)
- EN166/170 safety certification (Shield smart glasses, prescription lens inserts, and side shields)
The power to stream, scan and share for hours on end
Teleprompt & Translations
Vuzix Shield's crisp, monochrome waveguide display is optimally suited for projecting teleprompts when you're in front of a crowd. Traveling? Translations appear in real time when wirelessly connected to the internet. This solution is also optimal for accessibility uses including assisting the deaf and hearing impaired workers.
Retail & Customer Facing Support
Lightweight and stylish, Vuzix Shield is ideal for customer-facing use cases where your staff can access information discreetly. Whether picking an order or mixing a beverage, give your workers the data they need to provide customers with the highest levels of service, and put your best foot forward with this innovative solution.
Packing an autofocus HD camera, Vuzix Shield enables see-what-I-see video streaming that’s perfect when you need to share your view with the world. Facilities walkthroughs, insurance audits, workplace safety checks, maintenance inspections, service calls, and any number of other use cases are well suited to Shield’s advanced streaming capabilities.