Vuzix Blade 2 Product Support
Do I need an Amazon Prime Account to use Alexa on Vuzix Blade®?
No, a standard Amazon account will give you access to the majority of the features offered with the Alexa service on the Vuzix Blade®.
How do I use the Amazon Alexa app on my Vuzix Blade®?
How can I navigate the Vuzix Blade® user interface?
- Vuzix Blade® has one physical button which is the power button. This button can be used to power ON and power OFF the Vuzix Blade®. It also has a touchpad on the right temple. All the interactions with the Vuzix Blade® are done using this touchpad as gestures.
- For details on Vuzix Blade® gestures, refer to the Vuzix Blade® Quick Start Guide.
- The Vuzix Blade® has two LEDs. The green power LED is the visual indicator that the Vuzix Blade® is powered ON or if the Vuzix Blade® is being charged. The red recording LED is the visual indicator that the camera app is being accessed or a video is being recorded by the Vuzix Blade®.
How can I link my Vuzix Blade® to the Companion app?
The Companion App is available for your Vuzix Blade® and it can be installed on your iOS or Android smartphones. The Companion App enables easy setup and customization of your Vuzix Blade® and manages the communication link between the Vuzix Blade® and your smart phone. It also has features like photo transfer, configuring the settings and installing applications.
To download the companion app for,
Once you install the Companion app on your smartphone, follow the below steps to connect your Vuzix Blade® with the installed Companion app.
- Start the Companion app on your smartphone. Hit 'Start Setup' to start link procedure.
- Agree to the Vuzix Terms of Service.
- The Welcome screen explains the steps involved in the setup process. Hit Next.
- The next screens explains the basic gestures available on your Vuzix Blade®. When comfortable hit Next to the link screen.
- The link screen show the QR-Code using which you can link to the Vuzix Blade®. On your Vuzix Blade® navigate to the Settings > Connectivity and tap on Companion Link.
- If Bluetooth on Vuzix Blade® is disabled, notice 'Bluetooth Required' screen. On that screen swipe and tap Yes. Notice the Camera gets turned on with message 'Looking for QR code in Vuzix Blade®'s Companion app'. Now you will be able to scan the QR-Code on the smartphone.
- Once the QR-Code code is scanned, the Vuzix Blade® will verify the link and show a status 'Linked' on both your smartphone and 'Connected' on your Vuzix Blade®. Click on on the smartphone.
- The next step is to personalize. You can name your Vuzix Blade®, for example 'Joe's Blade'. This new name will be your Blade's Bluetooth Name. Hit Next when done.
- Next step is to customize the notifications that show up on your Vuzix Blade®. Enable or disable any app's notification by toggling the buttons. Hit Next when done.
- Finally, the tutorial explains the more advance gestures on Vuzix Blade®.
If your smartphone or Vuzix Blade® are not in range (or Bluetooth is off or Airplane mode is on) you will see a disconnect icon on your Vuzix Blade® and a disconnect message on your Companion app. When both devices come in range (or Bluetooth is on) they automatically are connected.
Also see the video to understand the process better.