- Select Category
- All (124 Posts)
- AR Smart Glasses (58 Posts)
- Assistants (2 Posts)
- Automotive AR (3 Posts)
- Homemaking (1 Posts)
- Maps & Navigation (2 Posts)
- Recreation AR (16 Posts)
- Remote Assist (1 Posts)
- Remote Education (5 Posts)
- Remote Health (15 Posts)
- Security (3 Posts)
- Sports AR (10 Posts)
- Updates & Improvements (3 Posts)
- Warehouse & Construction (5 Posts)
Vuzix and COVID-19: Smart Glasses Fill the Education Gap
Innovation vs. pandemic: technology and COVID-19
The coronavirus is changing the world. From this day forward, people will reconsider the need to meet face-to-face. As a result, virtual meetings will fill the void left by conference rooms and flights to annual summits.
Indeed, it’s difficult to tell who might be carrying the viral disease. As a result, schools around the world have been closed indefinitely.
However, young learners still need to continue their education. In the absence of in-person classes, educators can turn to smart glasses and AR (augmented reality) technology.
Vuzix helps fill the education gap caused by COVID-19 with its teleconferencing apps
A unique opportunity for remote education
After all, disruption usually breeds innovation. The coronavirus is no different, forcing governments and private business to keep the world running as best as possible in the face of an existential threat.
In education, Vuzix products can be actively involved in offering solutions:
• Class is not in session: Schools in 22 countries have closed their doors
• An education gap: Over 290 million students are stuck at home
• Remote teaching: Vuzix offers 1 year of free access to Skype and Zoom on its Blade and M-Series smart glasses
• Affordable access: Educational institutions receive 20% off Vuzix smart glasses purchases
Evidently, smart glasses could help curb the coronavirus’ global impact in education.
While COVID-19 has wreaked havoc on the global economy, it presents a unique opportunity for AR tech to connect us. This opportunity goes beyond the classroom.