Telemedicine through Smart Glasses to Benefit Healthcare Pros, Patients – White Paper
Smart glasses a valuable tool in the healthcare pros’ arsenal
AR (augmented reality) is set to improve a doctor’s capacity for providing life-saving care. The COVID-19 crisis has put a spotlight on telemedicine, as PPE (personal protective equipment) is in short supply. As a result, smart glasses have a big place in the medical world.
Through smart glasses, doctors can provide detailed instructions to another doctor or practitioner miles away. However, that’s just the tip of the telemedical iceberg.
With telemedicine, smart glasses help healthcare professionals in the following ways:
- Relay instructions to care practitioners
- Monitor vital signs without taking eyes off the patient
- Record treatment for training purposes
- Provide instant feedback via video feed
- Doctors access medical libraries faster and on demand
- A specialist can spend more time interacting with patients while seeing more people in a day
- Patients can spend more time with doctors through the smart glasses video feed
For more, visit Vuzix’ Smart Glasses in Telemedicine white paper.
Vuzix M400 Smart Glasses allow doctors to perform remote checkups
“Vuzix” is a registered trademarks of Vuzix Corporation