- Select Category
- All (130 Posts)
- AR Smart Glasses (64 Posts)
- Assistants (2 Posts)
- Automotive AR (3 Posts)
- Homemaking (1 Posts)
- Maps & Navigation (2 Posts)
- Recreation AR (16 Posts)
- Remote Assist (1 Posts)
- Remote Education (5 Posts)
- Remote Health (15 Posts)
- Security (3 Posts)
- Sports AR (10 Posts)
- Updates & Improvements (3 Posts)
- Warehouse & Construction (5 Posts)
Taiwan Medical Centre Thrives with Vuzix M400 Smart Glasses
Hands-free help for doctors
Staff at a leading Taiwanese medical centre have a new favorite companion. Improving patient care in the OR, ICU and beyond, Vuzix M400 Smart Glasses expand the capabilities of doctors at Taiwan’s Chi Mei Medical Centre.
By harnessing the power of augmented reality (AR), Vuzix M400 Smart Glasses give doctors hands-free access to information. Patient data is broadcast into lenses which can be managed using voice commands.
These water-resistant Smart Glasses free-up a surgeon’s hands to perform life-saving procedures.
How M400 Smart Glasses improve hospitals
Already with a reputation for innovation, residents at Chi-Mei Medical Centre are enhanced. Like having Tony Stark as your physician, doctors can instantly summon vital info pertaining to your ailment.
Here’s how M400 Smart Glasses make a difference:
- See what Doc sees: With a small camera on the glasses, doctors can stream their first-person point-of-view. This allows attending physicians to receive guidance and instructions from specialists or head doctors in real-time. Consultation has never been easier.
- Clinical training: Residents-in-training can stream their POV to off-site experts - and vice-versa. Trainers see exactly what their trainee sees, eliminating communication breakdowns and elevating a doctor’s learning potential. Talk about modernizing education...
- Non-stop streaming: Providing HD video streaming for up to 16 hours, communication never stops from an operation's beginning to its end. Footage is recorded and can be used for training purposes at a later date. This could drastically improve the quality of training videos available to new residents, as more first-person footage will be available.
- Communication harmony: Intensive Care Units and surgeons can speak with one another at all times, over audio or in a small screen in the corner of each other's eyes (over Skype or Zoom), such personalized communication reduces the time needed to brief medical pros - leaving more time to act.
The AR era in medicine
Chi-Mei’s success with M400 Smart Glasses means there is more incentive than ever for the global medical community to embrace the technology.
The marriage between medicine and AR Smart Glasses is seamless. This emerging tech makes it easier for doctors to access life-saving knowledge and speak with colleagues.
To prepare for the rise of Smart Glasses in the 2020s, checkout some ways Vuzix Smart Glasses already help the world:
- Underwater performance tools for swimmers
- Walking surgeons through operations
- Hands-free video chats
- Equip security and healthcare personnel with the power of facial recognition tech
“Vuzix” is a registered trademark of Vuzix Corporation